Local School Council
*no meeting for February
Who Serves on a School Council?
School councils are comprised of a minimum of seven council members:
· The principal
· At least two certificated teachers elected by the teachers
· A number of parents elected by the parents, so that parents make up a majority of the council. At least 2 parents must be businesspersons
· Other members as specified in the council's bylaws
Council members serve a term of two years, or for a term specified in the council's bylaws.
What are the Roles and Responsibilities of Council Members?
All members of the School Council must:
· Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues,
· Regularly participate in council meetings,
· Participate in information and training programs,
· Act as a link between the school council and the community,
· Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community, and
· Work to improve student achievement and performance.
Current School Council Members:
Molly Moore, Chairman
Heidi Davis, Secretary