Welcome to Buford High School
Buford High School prides itself on Triple A Excellence - Excellence in Academics, Excellence in Athletics and Excellence in the Arts! The mission of Buford High School is to empower students to reach their full potential as lifelong learners and effective members of society by inspiring them to think, to achieve, and to care.
News & Announcements
- Parking & Lockers for rising 10th-12th grade students are available on Wednesdays from 9am-3pm in the BHS front office.
- The PowerSchool Parent Portal is closed, effective 5/18/15.
- Honor Graduates: To be an Honor Graduate, a student must have taken a minimum of 2 AP classes and have an academic weighted GPA of 95.0, unrounded. To qualify for Valedictorian or Salutatorian, a student must have taken at least 4 AP classes. Joint Enrollment does not count for these requirements.
- Dress Code Clarification: Stripes, plaids, floral patterns & camo shirts are not allowed. Shirts must be green, gold, white, black, or gray. Students may not wear black-on-black; therefore, you cannot wear black tights/leggings with a black dress.
- Attendance Update: Students who are absent more than 20 days in a semester may not earn credit for courses.
- Cheating: If a student receives answers to a test and they do not disclose this information to an adult, the student is guilty of cheating. If a student receives answers to a test and forwards them to another student or students, all involved (sender and recipients) will receive a zero and other disciplinary consequences whether they use the information or not. Please be aware of these expectations.