Local School Council
Who Serves on a School Council?
School councils are comprised of a minimum of seven council members:
· The principal
· At least two certificated teachers elected by the teachers
· A number of parents elected by the parents, so that parents make up a majority of the council.
· At least 2 parents must be business persons
· Other members as specified in the council's by-laws
Council members serve a term of two years, or for a term specified in the council's by-laws.
What are the Roles and Responsibilities of Council Members?
All members of the School Council must:
· Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues,
· Regularly participate in council meetings,
· Participate in information and training programs,
· Act as a link between the school council and the community,
· Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community, and
· Work to improve student achievement and performance.
Current School Council Members:
Molly Moore, Chairman
Heidi Davis, Secretary
Kari McIntyre, Assistant Principal
Leah Curtright, Faculty Member