GA Futures, HOPE & Zell Miller Scholarships
- All English, Math, Science, Social Studies and Foreign Language course grades earned in high school are counted.
- Middle school grades do NOT count.
- All weights are removed from the GPA.
- On AP and DE classes, 0.5 is added except on A’s, where 4.0 is the highest GPA possible.
- To qualify for the HOPE Scholarship the HOPE GPA must be 3.0+, legal US citizen, high school graduate, and legal Georgia Resident.
- Check GAFutures.org to verify HOPE GPA.
- Check your HOPE GPA
- Go to www.gafutures.org
- If you do not have an account, create an account with your personal email address. If you do have an account, log in.
- Make sure your Social Security Number is on your GAFutures Profile and on your PowerSchool.
- Go to the GAfutures Tab and choose My High School HOPE GPA.
- Choose Buford High School and then choose Select.
- Your HOPE GPA should show on the screen.
Your HOPE GPA is different than your BHS cumulative GPA. HOPE Scholarship rewards students who have a cumulative 3.0 HOPE GPA in their CORE subjects. These students receive financial assistance at eligible Georgia public and private colleges. The award at public institutions covers a percentage of the tuition.
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the HOPE Scholarship:
- Receive a College Prep diploma and have a 3.0 cumulative average in all academic subjects.
- All English, math, science, social studies, and foreign language classes are used to determine the HOPE GPA.
- The GSFC applies a uniform method to all grades throughout the state. Students attending public institutions receive an award for the following:
- Students that meet all eligibility requirements and are attending an eligible public college or university receive a HOPE Scholarship award amount, to be applied toward standard undergraduate tuition, up to a maximum of 15 hours, for the specific number of hours enrolled, whether full time or part time.
- Students that meet all eligibility requirements and are attending an eligible private college or university receive a HOPE Scholarship award amount, to be applied toward standard undergraduate tuition, up to a maximum of 12 hours, based on a half-time or full-time enrollment status.
For those students who graduate from high school with a GPA of 3.7 or higher and have received a score of at least 1200 on combined Critical Reading Score and Math Score on the SAT or have received a score of at least 26 on the ACT. These students will receive full tuition at Georgia’s public institutions and the full private HOPE award at Georgia’s private institutions.
For more information on the HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarship programs, please visit GAfutures.org